- Experience working with a team on large software projects
- Comfortable writing and debugging code at a low level of abstraction
- Strong algorithms and data structure design skills
- Languages in near-daily use: C, rust, python
- Languages once familiar: C++, java, ruby, perl
Research Engineer, Data61 (formerly NICTA) 2015 - Present
As an engineer in the Trustworthy Systems research group, my job is focussed on developing a user-level application environment around the seL4 microkernel.
- Worked in a team of ~10 engineers to maintain the seL4 kernel and user-level environment, a codebase of ~100 000 lines
- Used software engineering tools: source control (git), code review (bitbucket), issue tracking (jira), continuous integration (bamboo)
- Wrote and maintained unit and functional tests, monitored tests with continuous integration, and responded to failing tests by analysing and solving the problem
- Gave three multi-day tutorials on building applications with seL4
- Collaborated with customers to debug and fix issues with our software
- Developed and maintained a framework for building applications with seL4, in a fast-moving research environment
- Designed and implemented the software for a device that securely mediates access to multiple desktop computers from a single terminal
Software Engineer, Shodogg 2014
Developed a mobile app for streaming video and music over a local network.
- Android + iOS app development
- Frontend web development in HTML5
Computer Science Tutor, University of NSW 2011 - 2014
Tutored the courses: "Computing 1A", "Computing for Engineers", and "Security Engineering".
- Effective communication skills
- Speaking in front of a class of ~20 students
- Answering technical questions on the fly
Research Assistant, NICTA 2011 - 2013
Designed and built device for controlling power supply to dev boards, still in use today.
- Circuit design
- Sourcing and acquiring parts
- Soldering and assembling physical devices
- Embedded systems programming
- Game Development
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Table Top Role-Playing Games
B. Computer Science, Honours (First Class), University of New South Wales
Graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Computer Science with First Class Honours. For my honours thesis project, I added virtualization extensions to a microkernel-based application framework.
Student Exchange, University of Toronto
Spent a semester in 2012 on exchange at the University of Toronto.